Position: Head of Sales (Permanent)
Location: West Midlands region
Salary: Competitive Salary and package
Reports to: Managing Director
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading privately owned housebuilder, head quartered in Warrington, Cheshire. We operate four regional businesses with offices in Warrington, Exeter, Bristol, and Solihull.
Our Values and Culture are at the heart of our business and centre on our most valued assets – our people and our customers. We pride ourselves on putting customers first, and the Sales function is an integral part in making that vision a reality.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Head of Sales to join our energetic, customer focused team in our West Midlands region. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Sales will contribute to the overall success of the business through the effective leadership of the Sales Management Team. Key responsibilities include ensuring targets are met in terms of sales, profitability and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the new homes industry and good knowledge of the legal procedure.
You will be expected to:
- Key to the role is to achieve sales at the budgeted rates and revenues while maintaining the company’s standards for customer care, safety and quality.
- Responsible for generating and managing sales leads from marketing activity, and closely monitoring conversion rates.
- Ensure the sales department plays an active part in ensuring the business unit is working towards NHBC 5* status.
- Lead, promote & monitor performance and compliance of the Customer Journey.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health & Safety Policy in order to ensure a safe environment for sales department colleagues and for customers.
- Working closely with the Construction Director to ensure company standards are maintained and target legal completions are achieved.
- Actively promote best practice throughout the region; including the general running of the region, setting budgets, minimising risks, maximising opportunities, setting and achieving targets; and seeking to positively influence the progression and growth of the region.
- Responsible for effectively managing the region’s marketing budget to ensure costs are controlled and revenue is maximised, driving the regions operating profit.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to senior management on all developments’ performance and local competitor activity to facilitate a pricing strategy that maximises the region’s and company’s profitability.
- Prepare papers for inclusion in the regions board pack, present current issues at Board Meetings and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the business.
- Support the regions land acquisitions, with market research on all prospective sites and ensure a balanced, saleable and profitable mix and site layout, consistent with the market report.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, manage the regions plot releases so as to maximise efficiency and profit.
- Keep up to date with competitors’ activities and initiatives and customer trends.
- Guide the creation of marketing strategies.
- Ensure presentation of the regions image through show homes and sales offices is maintained to the necessary standard.
- Work with the construction and customer care teams to ensure plots are completed to an acceptable standard prior to handing over to the customer and that first class customer service is provided after handover.
- Monitor and respond to customer feedback throughout the buying and aftersales process.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop and appraise staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance
- Manage the team to help achieve agreed KPI’s, such as time from reservation to exchange, solicitor referrals, sales per outlet and cancellation rates.
This list is not exhaustive.
What you'll need?
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
- An ambassador for our company values – One Wain, Everyone Counts, Take Pride, Rise to the Challenge and Keep It Real.
- Significant experience with new homes sales, with business unit responsibility
- Demonstrable strong financial management and commercial experience and track record of supporting business organic and growth by acquisition.
- Accountable for ensuring that the region operates within legal requirements e.g. CML, Transparency, Consumer Code and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading (2008).
- An inspirational leader and strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Proven track record in working for a Housebuilder in a Senior Sales Manager or Sales Manager role.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of managing through others to meet challenging sales targets.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and build productive relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Must be resilient and show drive and determination to achieve your profitability targets.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold a full driving license and have use of own vehicle for business travel.
Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary.
- Company bonus scheme.
- 24 days holiday (increasing by 1 day after 2 years of continuous service up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company pension.
- Car allowance.
For an informal chat about the role, or to apply for this position, please attach a copy of your cv with a brief covering email to Charlotte Worrall at Charlotte.worrall @wainhomes.co.uk by 8th July 2022.
Inclusion and Diversity are paramount to us here at Wain Homes. All our applicants and colleagues are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, please do not hesitate to contact us - we are always happy to help.