We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading privately owned housebuilder, head quartered in Warrington, Cheshire. We operate four regional businesses with offices in Warrington, Exeter, Bristol, and Solihull.
Our Values and Culture are at the heart of our business and centre on our most valued assets – our people and our customers.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the busy Finance team in our Severn Valley office.
- Set up new Supplier/Subcontract Accounts.
- Register invoices, match POD’s.
- Process all transactions – cash book, purchase, subcontract and sales ledgers, and create payment runs (bacs/faster payments).
- Price checking against orders and liaising with Buyers.
- Run the audit trail for sign off pre-payment runs (new/changes to accounts).
- Create payment batches for purchase ledger and subcontractors.
- Produce remittance advices for purchase and subcontract ledgers.
- Prepare the monthly CIS return.
- Statement reconciliations.
- Will have view access to most areas of the system and will be able to run transactional reports.
- Run ad hoc reports from the Finance System (Coins).
- Run the VAT return.
- Work to monthly/payment deadlines.
- Needs attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal, communication and relationship skills. The successful candidate will speak to Site colleagues, other departments in our Regional Office, Suppliers, Subcontractors and Utility companies.
- Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Coins an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative.
- Proactive and resilient in a fast-paced working environment.
The benefits package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- 24 days holiday (increasing by 1 day after 2 years of continuous service up to a maximum of 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
For more information on the role, and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of the 6th June 2022.
Inclusion and Diversity are paramount to us here at Wain Homes. All our applicants and colleagues are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, please do not hesitate to contact us - we are always happy to help.