Location: West Midlands office (B90 8AJ)
Salary: Competitive Salary and package
Reports to: Technical Director
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading privately owned house builders head quartered in Warrington, Cheshire. We operate four regional businesses with offices in Warrington, Exeter, Bristol, and Solihull.
Our Values and Culture are at the heart of our business and centre on our most valued assets – our people and our customers.
Due to the success and expansion of our West Midlands region, we are seeking an experienced Technical Coordinator to join the Technical team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to design development, working within a team environment from the planning handover through to its completion. They will be tasked with the control of the complete detailed design process involving the management of consultants, management of design input from other external parties, liaison with the relevant statutory and local authorities, including liaison with Housing Associations. He/she will have the ability to comment on construction detailing, reviewing consultant and sub-contractors designs for buildability and compliance with statutory criteria / guidelines etc.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a good understanding of the residential development sector along with an excellent base level of technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of the Building Regulations & NHBC Standards, Planning procedures, etc.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and drive internal and external teams, and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Control the design process; post planning approval through to project completion.
- Appointment of Design Consultants, ensuring detailed designs are prepared in accordance with Employers Requirement’s and current Building Regulations & NHBC Standards.
- Ensure Consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with Statutory Authority design guides (i.e. S278/S38/S104, etc).
- Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered.
- Provide required information to ensure Planning Conditions are discharged.
- To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC.
- Monitor and control NHBC Conditions ensuring these are cleared in a timely manner.
- Register street names with Local Authority and obtain full postal addresses.
- Review Suppliers design information to ensure it meets with Company Specifications.
- Continual liaison with internal Departments & Site Management to ensure information and queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Attend Project and Housing Association meetings.
- Provide Pre-Construction Information Pack and Health and Safety Files / Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy & Procedures.
This list is not exhaustive.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role.
- Construction/design related further education.
- New build experience in private spec housing is essential.
- Thorough use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages preferred.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate an excellent base level of technical knowledge.
The benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual entitlement of 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (annual entitlement increased by 1 day after 2 years continuous service, then further increasing by 1 day each year up to a maximum of 28 days holiday per year)
- Pension scheme
- WeCare EAP
- Perks discount scheme
- Annual volunteering day
Closing Date: If you have any questions relating to this position, and to apply, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 17th August 2022.
Inclusion and Diversity are paramount to us here at Wain Homes. All our applicants and colleagues are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, please do not hesitate to contact us - we are always happy to help.