The day you move in and the weeks that follow are a very important part of the support we can give you. As you get to know your new home, you might notice things that you're not sure about. That's why we keep in touch as you settle in so we can make sure every last detail is just right.
What to expect after you move in
Your Site Manager and Sales Executive will make sure you have all the information you need about your new home, and details of who to contact in case of an emergency or if you have a query.
VISIT FROM A MEMBER OF THE SITE TEAM
Your Site Team will pop by 48 hours after you’ve moved in to book in a visit over the next few weeks.
COURTESY VISIT FROM THE SITE MANAGER
Within 2 weeks of completion, your Site Manager will visit again to make sure you’re happy with everything. It would be helpful to have already made a note of anything that needs attention, so they can log the details.
COURTESY CALL FROM YOUR SALES EXECUTIVE
Around 4 weeks after completion, your Sales Executive will call to make sure you’re settling into your new home.
CUSTOMER CARE WELCOME
6 weeks after legal completion, a member of our Customer Care Team will call you to introduce themselves and discuss the support they can offer.
COURTESY VISIT CERTIFICATE
When all remedial works have been addressed and you’re happy that your Site Manager has closed down all your concerns, we’ll ask you to sign the courtesy visit certificate. Customer Care will now be your point of contact for the remaining two years of your warranty period.
Need our help? Please visit Customer Support.
About 8 weeks after completion, you’ll receive a National New Homes Survey directly from the NHBC. This is your opportunity to rate the service and experience of your site team, from reservation to after you completed your purchase.
LIVING ON A DEVELOPMENT
Settling into your new development is an important part of your move. Part of feeling at home, is knowing what's happening in your neighbourhood and how it might affect you.
Part of our commitment to you is to keep you informed about any building work we're doing and let you know when we expect to finish.
Before completion, we will:
- Provide a statement of work we need to complete, including roads, open spaces, recreational areas and landscaping
- Give you an estimated timescale for completion
- Advise you about any known future development phases and how we'll reduce any impact on you and your neighbours
After completion, we will:
- Keep you informed about our progress
WAIN HOMES 2-YEAR WARRANTY
From the date you complete, the first two years of your warranty are covered directly by Wain Homes. This covers everything we’ve supplied, including kitchen units, sanitaryware, carpets and fitted furniture. If you have any problems during this time because of faulty workmanship or
materials, we’ll get it sorted.
SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU'RE COVERED FOR:
- Boiler (we look after your boiler for two years providing you’ve had serviced after the first year).
- Leaks to plumbing fittings
- Electrical problems
- Leaking gutters
- Windows and doors
- Appliances such as ovens and hobs are covered under the manufacturers’ 2 years warranty, so please contact them directly to report a fault.
SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU'RE NOT COVERED FOR:
- Any alterations to the original works within your home which you carry out yourself after legal completion. This includes, structural, cosmetic, water and electrical installations such as changing light fittings, sockets and switches
- Storm damage to any fences or roof tiling are not covered unless the damage is a result of defective materials or workmanship to a recently occupied home
- Blocked drains caused by inappropriate disposal of waste
- Any cosmetic scratches, chips or marks to surfaces, work tops, sanitaryware and glass that are not recorded on the key release form or reported within one week of completion
- Problems caused through natural shrinkage, condensation or mould growth
- Boiler breakdown if not properly maintained or serviced and includes the pressure dropping
- Damage caused to fixtures and fittings through improper use and lack of maintenance
- Pest infestation
- Frozen pipes
NHBC BUILDMARK WARRANTY
You should receive your NHBC Buildmark warranty insurance certificate and policy booklet before you move into your new home. The booklet explains what you’re covered for and what the NHBC are responsible for. It also explains what we’re responsible for during the first two years after you’ve completed.
Find out more about the NHBC warranty here
More Buying Guides
Stamp Duty Explained
The different rates of Stamp Duty and how much you have to pay explained.
Buying your first home
Buying your first home is exciting but it can be also be daunting.
You could save money with a Green Mortgage.
The journey from reservation to moving in
The steps from reserving your home to moving in.
The financial and legal side of things
A jargon-free guide to the financial and legal process.
Buying a brand new home
How do you go about finding the right new home for you?
What to expect after you move in
We’re still here even after you pick up your keys.
The cost of buying and moving
Some of the costs involved in buying and moving are obvious and some are not.